Community Engagement Coordinator
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Are you passionate about serving the Downers Grove community? Do you enjoy figuring out ways for people and organizations to work together? Acting as a true library ambassador, the Community Engagement Coordinator spearheads outreach, provides strategic leadership for community relations, and builds and manages partnerships with organizations and other entities. Candidates should be interested in connecting people and resources by coordinating efforts with other organizations to extend the reach of each. The goals of our Strategic Plan are integral this job.
The ideal candidate is:
- Knowledgeable about the Downers Grove community and the services of DGPL
- A quick learner, able to adapt to and implement new procedures with a smile
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to maintain varying stages of many different types of partnerships at once
- A team player, as facilitator of partnerships and engagement
- Creative and enthusiastic, able to envision new partnerships and the concrete actions needed to make them happen
Here is the full job description. This full-time position requires expertise typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in public relations, communications, or related degree and experience in community organization and/or building partnerships. Salary from $39,000.00 DOQ. A generous benefits package is included.
Send resume and cover letter by Tuesday, September 4, 2018 to Julie Milavec, Library Director at email@example.com or Downers Grove Public Library, 1050 Curtiss St., Downers Grove, IL 60515.
The Downers Grove Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. The library accepts completed job applications at any time. Download the PDF by right clicking the link and selecting save as. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org in the Administration Office. Applications will be kept on file for six months.