Librarian, Teen Services Coordinator - Full Time
Deadline to Apply: Friday, June 8, 2018
Our busy, highly automated, customer-focused library is seeking a motivated self-starter who is passionate about working with and for teens. The Teen Services Coordinator is an integral part of our Adult & Teen Services team, spearheading outreach, programming, and services for teens. The position also includes time staffing our busy service desk, collection development duties, and more.
The ideal candidate is:
- Creative and enthusiastic, able to envision and follow through on developing new services and programs
- Experienced with making connections with community schools and other organizations to strengthen services through partnerships
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to maintain varying stages of many different types of projects and services at once
- Familiar with providing reference and readers advisory services to adults and teens
- Comfortable with assisting the public in using technology, including downloading ebooks to digital devices
- A team player, as part of the Adult & Teen Services Department
This full-time position requires expertise typically acquired through completion of a Masters Degree in Library and Information Sciences or related degree and experience in working in a public library with a teen population. Salary from $47,500 DOQ. A generous benefits package is included.
Send cover letter and resume to Lizzie Matkowski, Adult & Teen Services Manager at email@example.com or Downers Grove Public Library, 1050 Curtiss St., Downers Grove, IL 60515.
The Downers Grove Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. The library accepts completed job applications at any time. Download the PDF by right clicking the link and selecting save as. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org in the Administration Office. Applications will be kept on file for six months.