Job and Volunteer Openings
Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service to the community? Are you enthusiastic about working with a friendly and collaborative staff? Do you embrace advances in technology? If so, come join our team.
Downers Grove Public Library is seeking a friendly, enthusiastic shelver for our customer-centric Circulation team. Shelvers monitor the automatic materials sorter, shelve materials, and keep materials in order. In addition, shelvers help support the department by performing closing procedures and other tasks as needed.
We are looking for candidates who have the ability to:
- file alphabetically and numerically accurately
- do detail work accurately
- prioritize and multitask in a detailed environment
- walk and stand for extended periods
- lift materials and pushcarts loaded with books
- adapt well to technological changes
This position is a year-round, part-time position averaging 16 hours per week. The hours for the position are Mondays 9-1; Wednesdays alternating 9-1 or 5-9 pm; Thursdays 9-1; and includes Saturday and Sunday rotation of four-hour shifts. The salary is $10.20 per hour.
The Downers Grove Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The library accepts volunteer applications, which are kept on file for six months. There are a limited number of volunteer positions available and when an opening occurs, the applications in the file are checked for appropriate candidates to be interviewed for the position.
You can submit the application in two ways:
- Download the PDF by right-clicking the link and selecting save as. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print the form and turn it in to the Administration office.
Call (630) 960-1200 with questions.
Here are other volunteer opportunities in the community: